You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reality & Fondue.

The reality has set in. Benny was on call the first weekend here and we are finding that the summer bliss of Lake Chelan is much too far away. We are enjoying the time Daddy is around and not having to sleep at the hospital. Atticus has had his ups and downs in returning to a familiar school, new teacher, tons of friends, but a different way of learning than his last school. Cozy brought back her imaginary friends from Spokane and they are right back in the bathtub reading. Another scary friend stowed away with the two so we now have Cumber, Bubbles and Nissy. After I finished unpacking boxes, organizing, hanging art (how I wish my mom could help with that) I realized that we still had boxes in the garage to go through. I am physically tired from all the work and forget to eat so I have found I am losing weight. I figured out that we have moved 8 times in our 11 years of marriage. 8 is Enough! Isn't that a old sitcom title? It's only when you move that you realize "where did all this junk come from and do I need it all?" In this frame of mind my goal for 2009
is to de-junk and to remember "less is more". I have also decided to take loads to the goodwill and avoid the work of a spring yard sale. So, we are back to the daily grind trying to get into a routine, but enjoying the beautiful area we live in. Here are some photos of us enjoying a break with the fondue set that the Swisstensens sent us for Christmas! The first time the kids had fondue and it was a fun & tasty mess!!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Its good to hear your back in your house. I need to follow your example and de-junk our garage.

The Christexans said...

When I showed Elsa this picture she giggled and said, "That cute little Cozy. She's wearing my pajamas." I'm glad the fondue set brought some joy to the family.

Shannon said...

Yum - fondue is delicious! And where is the goodwill here? We had DI 20 minutes from our house on the west side. I have some items that need a new home, too!

Melanie said...

Us Spokaneese miss you guys but we are glad you are finally HOME.

If I come visit can we eat some yummy fondue?

:)