You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 16, 2009

"I found the last golden ticket and it's mine!"

This past weekend we drove to Spokane for one of Benny's med school friends wedding. Out of the five close friends from med school we have managed only to miss one! It was a quick trip, only there for a little over 24 hrs. I managed to do some "run-ins" to favorite stores now that we live in the land of "no stuff". I came out of it with a nice dress watch from Nordie Rack...sweet!
Another highlight (for me anyway) was getting the last two quarters for my quarter collection! I washed the car with the kids, as Benny was running around Deconess Hospital for fun, and used a $20 in the machine to get $11 in quarters. It sounded like I had won the jackpot and I wasn't even thinking about my collection! So, Alaska and Hawaii finished the quest!! I never cheated by getting people to find them for me or by going to the bank. Atticus was usually there when I would get a new quarter so he was excited when I found the last ones! I was a little over the top when I would find one, screaming like I had just gotten the last golden ticket! I have never collected anything other than stickers when I was a kid (still have 'em) and my earrings I got from places I have visited (they got stolen though).
What to collect next?? What do you collect?
All in all it was a good weekend of free food, people I didn't know, and valentines kisses from the ones I love(we did watch Madagascar 2 in the hotel and it was a riot!)We came home to a snowy town in which we made a snow person and snuggled up to the fire! There's no place like home!

Fini!

Who's the guy in the back?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Cute snowman - scarey guy in back. :)
Congrats on finding your last two quarters. I collect beach glass, vintage tablecloths and November/December magazines from the 30's-50's.