You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 30, 2009

30.... something.

I had another great Birthday! Thanks to all the email wishes, birthday songs on my cell phone, and friends that stopped by for cupcakes (I didn't get a picture of Celeste or the babysitter Bronte!)
One highlight was Cozy sticking a breath mint in her nose and then sneezing like crazy to get it out! You have to have strange things happen like that to make it memorable, right? Here are some photos of the day.....

My first visitor to my cupcake open house, Shannon! This girl makes me feel young again. She would be the first to call when deciding to have a lemonade stand or rushing to Seattle for a shopping spree!


Melanie & Greer. This is my favorite neighbor who almost counted down the days until we moved back. I love her for her SPUNK! She is the gal that would run down the orchard naked with me at 4 AM (if I needed too) and cook gourmet meals for me! I also love that our husbands are in the same line of work and our kids are close to same age and get along well!

Megan & Colby....and Ethan, Parker, Paige, and Tanner (other kids not pictured). This friend would give the shirt off her back. We could talk for days, giggle and just hang out...no pressure!


Here I am on the largest ice throne I have ever sat on! Very cold to the rear, but amazing (they line the streets of Chelan with several professionals making ice sculptures during the freezing days of January)


Benny and I went to a new Hibachi restaurant in Chelan and then to Best Western for a little "locals dip" in the hot tub. I think being in water is one of the top things I love to do...so we did it on my birthday!!

4 comments:

amelia said...

Love the photos! You know what I LOVE about you Haley, not only do you have a birthday party and tell your guests not to bring anything but come and enjoy the cupcakes you made, you actually take time to write what you love about your guests on your birthday. You truly are one of a kind. I LOVE YOU!
xxxo Mia

FarrEver Family said...

Your not missing anything here...beside the flu. Looks like a fun town, but know you are missed here! Oh and what a sexy leg!

Shannon said...

Happy, happy birthday, Haley! Thanks for the delicious cupcake and the kind words. As soon as John has time, we need to put on our sparkly pink polish and hit the town!
(And oh my stars and garters, you are flexible! I know who will be teaching the young women yoga if that shows up on the calendar!)

restlessrisa said...

I love the last photo! Brings back national hot tub week memories! Did you suck John's toes? Happy b-day girlie :)