You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 23, 2009

"The Land of Summer"

We are back from our trip to Florida and are still having a hard time adjusting to the ice and snow. I always find it interesting that Benny within seconds of being in Florida tries to talk me into "PLAN B" which is moving back there. This never happens when we visit in the summer, too hot and humid, just when we are coming from such an extreme difference in weather and not to mention the memories and family. I'll have to admit by the time the trip is over and we are back to the cold I am rethinking why I put up with this snow and cold!
I thought it was appropriate what Atticus said as we landed, "What, there's still snow on the ground? Lets go back to the Land of Summer!"
Some of the highlights from our trip are listed below.
~ Benny and I went to the oldest city in the U.S.,St. Augustine for a day and night get away (much needed~thanks Folks!)
~ Watching the inauguration outside in an area where slaves were once sold in St. Augustine! I will never forget that!
~ Eating boiled peanuts for lunch!
~ Disney World with Pa & Grandmommy!
(I got to be famous for a few seconds in Monsters INC. show!)
~ One word....Cousins!!
~ Running outside!!
~ Staying up super late and sleeping in until 10AM
( the time change now allows our kids to be in bed by 7PM, but up at 6:30AM!)
~ Getting a pedicure/girl talk with Natalie!
~ Eating grapefruits that are hand picked by Benny! (he brought a bag full home on the plane & we are loving them! Not so pretty, but tasty!! It makes you wonder about the fake pink ones in the grocery store!)
~ Spending time with Granny Simms, G'pa Simms, the Folks, Matt D., and the sisters Merrilee & Natalie and their families!

SO there you have it, but not so much in detail!
As of now, the apartment is packed up, the truck is loaded, and tomorrow we are headed back to Chelan, so I won't be able to post anything for a while. The kids are really excited and even packed up some of their own bags!

STAY TUNED:
Our camera is broken so I will have to add photos from Grandmommy's camera when I get them!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yee-haw! As I am typing, you could very well be pulling in to your driveway... can't wait to see you tomorrow at church!
Oh, and Florida sounds delightful. Did you get to go to any beaches or were they far away?