You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Last (keep your fingers crossed!) Graduation !!


The last couple days have been crazy! They say when it RAINS it pours or someone famous said that and I DO believe it, especially this week! Along with a back to back on-call schedule, OB's taking us out for dinners, Benny being sick, no school, Cozy throwing up since tuesday...well, let's just say its pouring HARD out there! Somehow I haven't cried, spanked, or even been to Starbucks during this storm! AMAZING! I have surprisingly done the opposite~ laughed at my 6 year old, cleaned a car full of vomit, and had a really good salad for breakfast! I also realized the other day that I haven't had a diet coke in a really long time (the advil pm has taken its place).In these times I wish I had my MOM close by!
I am happy that Benny has enjoyed this journey and what he loves to do the most in his work and actually am glad that I could be here to support him! I wish I had photos of the fun graduation dinners we've been to, but our camera is broken! We were dined at the finest places with some interesting people. I always feel bad that I wasn't able to get to know some of these people until the last moment. How odd because they have been a part of my husbands daily life.
I always try hard to find ways of celebrating events without food! It probably goes back to when I would bunge jump at the 49th Street Galleria whenever I felt like celebrating something (I had a punch pass!) So, with all these dinners last week and no thrill jumping off anything high, I found a simple delight in the odd thing that a waitress asked Benny about his dinner. She said, "Did you taste the celebratory vibe?" ....and though a strange question, for 6 months sacrifice, he had better have FELT it!
~Congrats Grad! XOX

6 comments:

Greg Christensen said...

Good for you guys! And congratulations! Also, I don't think it's called the 49th Street Galleria any more. It's the Utah Fun Dome. Which is stupid, because I don't see any dome.

FarrEver Family said...

WAHOO! I am especially glad for you Hailey! No apartment anymore. But you will be missed. Please come see us in Utah sometime!

Rebecca Neville said...

Yeah!! Congrats, congrats! That sounds like one of the craziest weeks (not to mention years), I'm glad it's over for you. So...now what?

Anne said...

John congrats!!!! Hailey I remember the 49th street Galleria. I haven't thought of that place for a long time.
You mean you didn't go on the carousel ride as the "thrill" Come on Hailey, the ring is the funnest part!
I'm glad this chapter is closing for you and you guys can go back to the "official" home.
I'm happy for you guys.

Shannon said...

Congratulations - to all of you! We are looking forward to having you back in our neck of the woods. Haley, you are a trooper. Bring your celebratory vibe, but leave the vomit and snow in Spokane! :)

Lauren said...

Congrats, Haley! You're a great wife!