You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, October 25, 2008

What to do with ribbon...

I realize some people feel accomplished when they do well on a test, run a really fast marathon or even do the dishes. I get my jollies from arts and crafts. I had a lot of inspiration in high school and some college when I would work late nights constructing life sized paper mache projects with chicken wire, inflate giant ants using taped together dry cleaner bags, painting my entire room a mural of the ocean while my mom was out of town....you get the point. I have had a lack of this creative flow for a while now. Back at my bare home in Chelan where strangers walk through my bathroom naked (I know, lovely image) I have this huge canvas painted only blue. I hope someday I can figure out what will go on that. Maybe a nude.... if only HE will pose! Until then I am left with "tiny" inspirations of creativity here and there.
So, here is one of the "tinys"....
I love ribbon and buy it for no reason just because it is pretty. Maybe genetic?! This is my version of organizing it in a free gymborree box cutting the circles and threading it through the holes. Free for me and free for you if you want a great easy way to store your holiday ribbon.
~Enjoy

2 comments:

restlessrisa said...

I love it! I am going to do that!

Shannon said...

So clever! And your are "green", too! :)