You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Phantom & Donuts!!

I realize that I hardly ever post photos of Benny... or of me for that matter (I am always behind the camera). So, below are some photos of our night out!
We went to Phantom of the Opera tuesday night! It was fun to see again! Benny had never seen it and it had been a long time for me (I think I have seen it in NY twice and then several times running a spotlight for it at City Rep in SL when I was 15). All in all, It was fun to go with someone who was seeing it for the first time!
We also went to a new downtown restaurant, Scratch. They make everything in the restaurant from "scratch". What you expect from any good restaurant, right? I have become the food critic by reading up on places and then trying them out. It was a three and a half star for me! The finishing touch was the bag of donut holes that came at the end. With three dipping sauces...carmel, chocolate ganache, and huckleberry. Some of you may know that I have a thing for donuts (Esp. maple bars!!) We, as a family, don't eat donuts but once a year...October! It is such a Fall/Halloween thing for me! I always sware I will never eat donuts again after one Krispy Kreme! Those just sit in your gut and grow! Anyhow, my problem is the "Tasty Donuts" maple bar that can only come from kaysville! I didn't even get around to getting one during our last trip there!! No worries....I'll be okay!!
Anyhow, we are trying hard to go out just the two of us with such a crazy schedule Benny has. We remember the days back in residency that we made it a rule to go out every friday even if it was for a walk or to sit in Starbucks and catch up! We hope we can continue that date night even here.....so far, so good!





4 comments:

Shannon said...

Yum! I want to go to "scratch" when we come visit! (I feel so weird typing that... "scratch" was what my Great-Grandma called He@# - and I want to go? haha) We ALMOST know if soccer is going to go into post-season play.
And I am so happy that you are going on dates! We kind of got lazy about it once we moved over here, but we used to be oh-so-diligent. You guys are a great example!

Laura Jex said...

We saw it too and loved it! However it was very different then the last time it was here in seattle!

Momma D said...

Granny Simms' favorite thing is cake donuts! No kidding. There is a fabulous little bakery here in G-ville (Northwood Bakery) that has the best cake donuts and Granny yearns for them when she is here! Sounds like things are going well in the Spokaneville.

Erin said...

Haley, how I miss you! Or should I say "Monty?" Your reference to City Rep and being 15 made me have a time warp! Good for you two for going on a date... now that we only have 9 more months of residency left... I am hoping I get to go on dates again, too!