You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 17, 2010

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

It seemed wrong how late the kids got out of school this year...June 16th! The weather hasn't been so great so it didn't really matter too much to me!
The tradition is to have a slip n' slide (all but the yr. Atticus broke his leg), friends over, and popsicles, but it was SO rainy that we waited a day (it was still cloudy & cold).
This one was an awesome slip n'slide because it has a splash pool at the end, double lanes, and two boards!! I love it! BTW: Benny always TRYS to talk me out of it because they pop in a few days, cost 15-20$ and mess up the grass!
"Sometimes you just gotta go with what is right in your heart even if its going against the one you love!" ~my quote
I was SAD not to participate this year! I usually test it out first and show them how its done so they can maximize the experience.... that would be a sure disaster this time!





LAST YEARS SHARK with 3D goggles.......

4 comments:

Momma D said...

Water and summer...a perfect thing...like peanut butter and honey sandwiches! The slip and slide is a great buy, cheaper than going to one movie at the "big city" theater. Loads of fun--even just to watch--no broken bones or heads allowed. ONLY 5.5 days til B A B Y! Glorious times! Love you all dearly.

Shannon said...

Is Cozy clapping? Or is that a gun/ Charlie's Angels pose? I think living in a small town with all these packin' mamas is rubbing off on her, haha. :)

Laura Copeland said...

Every time I see a blog from you, I think it's going to be about the new baby! I'm so excited to see what you are going to have! It certainly isn't long now, though, is it! Hope everything goes well. We wish you the best!

amelia said...

Your quote is my new favorite thing! xoxoxxxo