You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No "SUGAR BUG" for me!

I did forget in the last post to mention that I LOVE my hubby, FORGIVE him for making me terribly mad, and THANKS for the sweet surprise!!! XOX

Just wanted to add one more exciting news.... I got my blood work back and I don't have gestational diabetes!! I know I have been over the top on this; cutting out sugar/carbs here and there, taking my blood sugar even though my "chill" OB told me it was unnecessary, walking when I really feel like hanging out by the toilet, etc. Those that have had this understand my hyper attitude! It is hard enough being pregnant let alone going on a diet and not being able to eat simple foods!
Maybe it paid off, maybe it didn't, but I am so GLAD for the results!
This doesn't mean Easter Candy will be eaten after each meal because I still feel sick when I eat chocolate let alone too much sugar! So, HURRAY!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

WooHoo! That is very good news; I am sure it makes a huge difference CHOOSING not to eat chocolate, as opposed to being told you CAN'T eat chocolate. (Or am I the only one bratty enough to be like that, haha?)

Momma D said...

Hurrah! Congratulations! You look so great--truly, radiant! This is wonderful news!

Merr said...

Woman! You are a blessed lady! Yes, last Easter I ate nary a single jelly bean. I had just been diagnosed with THE CURSE. I had zero Easter candy. I agree, only until you have the GDM can you understand. Bananas, Beans, Green Peas, Corn, skim milk, whole wheat bread??? ALL TREATS! Gestational diabetics actually have stricter rules than regular diabetics. I am SO glad you don't have to do that again, Haley! We love you!