You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The best breakfast ever!

Friday night Benny was suppose to meet me at 7pm at the church for a RS date party.
I should know from 13 years married that I need to tack on a couple hours to whatever time he gives me, but I continue to be ignorant to his reality of time.
When I showed up for dinner the parking lot was full with cars and I realized I had the wrong time. This has become a trend for me the past months. I feel like I am constantly forgetting things and esp. numbers! Pregnancy Brain! Never had it this bad before. So, as I'm sitting there eating dinner I'm getting text messages that he will be even later! A service auction was being held after the dinner and Benny text me that he would like me to add in a "house call" for the auction for him. WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I am usually pretty use to going to things by myself, but this time I felt stood up! To make a long story short.... I out bid everyone with a major stink eye for my own husbands service because his time at home is more valuable to me then anything else I could have bought and I was mad! I was so steamed at him that night when he came home at 9:30 pm, kids in bed and all, that I told him if he wasn't home soon that the doors would be locked. Okay, you have to remember that I am pregnant and at my wits end! On top of all of that, I GAVE it to him even saying that a woman shouldn't have to wait for mother's day to get breakfast in bed! I still stand by that statement!
The next morning I slept in late and woke to breakfast in bed! Next to the fork was a car key to a honda pilot. This had been the BIG surprise that he had been working on all night. How can you be mad after that??

(By the way, this was a total shocker since we had decided we would try to make do with smashing 3 kids in the back of the subaru!)

6 comments:

Momma D said...

So you live with a romantic--it makes life even more of an adventure--especially when you get a great non-minivan for your soon- to-be family of five! WHAT EXCITEMENT! Happy, happy to the almost 5lakedames!

Oh and weren't you just celebrating your 12th Anniversary--but that's okay it's the pregnancy/numbers thing! AND honestly it "prolly" seems like 13 years with Med school AND Residency AND Spokane. But truly, after 38.5 years I can tell you--it is so worth it girl!

Shannon said...

Aaaawww... that is the best excuse for being late that I have ever heard!

Sorensen said...

Way to lay down the law girl! LOVE the new car!

Greg Christensen said...

Hooray for pregnancy brain!

Erin said...

I have a pilot, too! You are going to love it!

Merr said...

WOW! Very nice ending to that sad tale. Yes, March was a challenging month at our house too. I had my burnout just a few days after yours! But I didn't get a car. Bummer. :) Sometimes husbands need to be reminded just how stinkin' hard it is to be a mom of young children! Especially you: with a superdoc husband and being in your last trimester. I'm glad my bro was out arranging a terrific surprise! Yay!!