You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chasing the SUN

I know my hubby would say I'm exaggerating...maybe a little, but today I saw the SUN for the first time in 2 months! It was like Christmas, but better! I sun bathed in my living room for 20 min. on the timer.... and then had hot chocolate outside while I watched my other neighbors slowly creep outside. I didn't realize how much I need the SUN until this winter. It has been so dark! This may have all started when I got back from Maui where I realized, "Hey, people live in nice weather all year!" or it could be the fact that starting Nov. 1 through just hmmmm....two days ago I have been throwing up almost every other day (Oh, by the way I'm 15 weeks pregnant). Feeling sick can really make your days pretty grey!
So, to top the day off I went to get a pedicure with a friend!
Just to show you how pathetic I am, just yesterday I set up the light box in front of my treadmill and walked for 45 minutes with my eyes closed. I am desperate!
How are you getting through the winter?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I thought of you today when that blue sky appeared! Wasn't it delightful? I have been pondering how I will cope if we have another fog-bogged January and February. I think I am going to make LOTS of cupcakes and frost them in really bright colors... and start burning more candles... and maybe buy some bright rain boots to stomp in the puddles with!

Sorensen said...

Congrats again on the baby!! Still throwing up? Are you guys going to find out the sex? We went to Utah for Christmas so when we came back to Seattle it kind of felt like spring. I am sure I will be going crazy in March though.