You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 22, 2010

How to help children in HAITI.....

I just got off the phone with my sister and she has been asked to go to Haiti to help with the Orphans. If you have been wondering what you can do to HELP here is a great opportunity! Here is what she emailed me.......

The group I am going through is Visiting Orphans Org. (visitingorphans.org) They have an orphanage in Haiti - Danita's Children's Home. I will go to Haiti from Jan. 31- Feb. 7 to help gather displaced children and bring them to the orphanage, among other things. I need to raise $2,000 this weekend. There are two ways to donate (all tax deductible) 1st- send a payment through pay pal to david.rathbone@visitingorphans.org or you can go to the Executive Director's blog at http://isaiah49.blogspot.com
and click on the CLICK IN link on the main page. Either way make sure to list my name (Elizabeth Alexander). I am really trying to gather donations within the next 24 hours. If people can not donate I would be grateful to just have their prayers!


(photo of LIZ with Orphans in Africa)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

How inspiring; has your sister worked with orphanages for a long time?