I had a hard time putting the pregnancy ticker on my blog, but I did it. It seems freaky to see that illustrated baby floating on my blog. Hope someone enjoys it!
Anyhow, Benny and I, for the first time are having a hard time coming up with names. It may be that we bring a baby home from the hospital without a name!?
With Atticus we were set and even had the name Cozette chosen before we knew he was a he. Now we are really stuck. I really am against the most popular or common names, so those are out. I loved being the only Haley in my school when I was growing up (now that name is everywhere). I felt bad for the kids that had to use their last name as an initial to distinguish which "one" they were.
Atticus has already picked NERF or LEGO for a boy and Cozy like LEMONY for a girl.
You see, we need help!
Thought we could get some ideas from you stalkers. Since we wont be finding out the sex please give us one boy and one girl name.....if you want to play. THANKS!
6 years ago
16 comments:
If she's a girl you should name her Bella and if he's a boy you should name him Edward.... HAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding, of course. I am sure there are going to be thousands of them running around in the next few years.
Here are my real submissions:
For a boy - Bennet. It is unusual, fits the literary theme (Elizabeth, Jane, etc. Bennet), sounds good with your last name... and you'd have a Benny, jr!
For a girl - well, you know my favorite name! And it is literary... by the time your little one starts school, Bronte will be off planning a family of her own (yikes!). I also like Charlotte (Bronte and Charlotte's Web), Frances (Frances Hodgeson Burnett: The Secret Garden) or Josephine (March - Little Women.)
I can't wait to see what other suggestions you get! FUN!! :)
(yikes - typo - blushing here - no e in hodgson!)
I agree with the name Bennet. It was on our list for our last baby. It sounds distinguished and literary but lends itself to nice nick-names.
For a girl I like Greta or Gretchen. They both have a retro sound to me. Although whenever you do retro you risk making them sound like an old lady.
Good luck! Naming is hard!
You might consider doing what we did. We had chosen a name if our first was a girl but close friends used that name for their baby who lived less than one day. That left us with just days to go and desperate so we went to our family history records. We found one name which was repeated in generation after generation and that we both liked. It just felt right to use it for our sweet little daughter.
That is so exciting that you aren't finding out the gender. And I totally agree with Shannon that, in keeping with tradition so far, it should be a literary name. Here are my choices:
For a girl:
From Shakespeare's 12th Night: Viola
(There is an Olivia in this play too, obviously a favorite name of mine)
For a boy: Dorian
(I suppose I should actually read The Picture of Dorian Gray, I hear that character is kinda scandalous) But doesn't "Dorian Dame" have a nice sound to it?
I like playing this game!
Hey, since Mauvia won't ever let me use the name Oscar for any of out sons, I'm willing to let you guys you that name.
Ben
People who bring their baby's home from the hospital and still don't have a name are L-A-M-E.
If it's a boy, we'll probably never use Oliver or Felix, so you can use them. I also like Pancho Villa.
If it's a girl, we always liked Lauren. Maybe Gigi.
Also, you really need to change you blog settings. Red type on a green background? Has anyone complained of strobing? Do you have any colorblind friends who log on and can't see any words?
We were going to name "the next girl" after Natalie, Anneli. Anneli Gardner was a lovely young (11 year old) girl that was my pianist when I was Primary chorister back when Primary was during the weekdays.
Willoughby is a family male name (John Willoughby Dame), but the character in Sense in Sensibility is not sterling! Bennett is a great name, and as has been said--Benny and then little Ben or Benny...or Ben or Bennett..hum...great sounding name.
I didn't know you guys were keeping the sex a surprise!! That is so much fun! I can't imagine how hard it must be to try to name a person!! A guy at the gym just named his kid Baer (yes, after Baer Grylls). I have to admit, Greg's suggestions are pretty top notch!
I would post, but must submit to my dear husband. He's so funny. He speaks well for both of us.
I hope that you're feeling better.
I love you guys, but if its a boy and you name him Bennett, there could potentially be 3 Bennys in the family. I know Im not pregnant with a boy, Im not pregnant, and um...I know Im not even married. But if I were all of those things and it was Mike's kid there is a rule in place, like your rule of naming Atticus 'John'. Mike's dad is Benny and his grandpa is Benedetto. Mike's kid has to be Benedetto. But hey- I might not have a boy child, I might not even have a child, and if the worst situation were to happen, I might not even have a Mike :( So um.... lets hope for a girl. Lemony is nice. Felix is nice too.
Mia....No Bennet, No worries!
Thanks for all the names everyone!! Just an FYI~ going literary isn't necessary just kind of happened with the two we have!
I'm so happy that you are expecting! Congrats! I know that that baby is going to get loved to pieces. Good luck with names, I am no good at that game!!
I like Emerson, for a boy or girl. Nymbler.com is a cool website for names. Good luck!
love Emerson for a girl, but Benny doesn't!!
Hey Haley. Congrats to you and John B. If I were to have another kid, which we are not, (so I don't mind sharing) I would want to name our boy Nolan, Lonnie or Avery. Lon was Judy Garland's brother in Meet Me in St. Louis. One of my fav. movies and names. And for a girl I like Kinley, Caralena, Ada. That was Grandmother Dame's first name. I wanted to name Sadie that, but it was Tim's turn to pick the name. Hope you're doing good. Tell the family I said "Hi"
Post a Comment