You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Liz in Las Vegas....

Today is my youngest sisters 26th birthday! A few months ago she invited whoever wanted to join her in celebration at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas. Specifically floating around in the lazy river with a Pina Colada in hand. I thought it sounded fun, but new I would be "doing time" in Spokane. Then I thought about it again and booked a flight! Benny was able to get some time off to remember once again what it is I do with MY life everyday. He is always grateful and sympathetic for what I do after he gets a taste of it!
So, all in all we had a great time Saturday though Monday night just me, my mom, and Liz and her hubby Mark. Here are some highlights and the photos will come later....
~ Pushing each other through the waterfall with the gals (esp. trying to get me moms extensions to fall out..."Yuck, whats that big clump of hair floating around for?!")
~ The 3+ hours of walking my mom and I did through all the hotels & casinos (were we really just lost?)
~ Cirque's "KA" (watching my mom fall asleep too)
~ Watching Mark eat a lot o' Meat at the RUM JUNGLE rodizo style! (can you sneak me some of that bacon meat under the table??)
~ Shopping.
~Sleeping in (wait, that was only the morning that my mom the night before took a sleeping pill!)
~ reading lots of magazines and watching tons of CNN (hey, I am now UP on my current events... does knowing Clay Akin is Gay count as well?!)
~ Not having to be responsible for anyone other than me....and sometimes my mom!!
Hallelujah for Mommy breaks!!
It's back to work for me!!
H

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Haley, it sounds like you had a delightful time. Shopping...eating...reading...perfect! Thank heavens for kind husbands who make time for their wives to escape.
Bronte and I are looking at a Friday night/ Saturday this month to come visit. I'll e-mail you when we figure out the constantly shifting soccer schedule!