You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, September 6, 2008

First grade,milk bubbles & sleepy Dad.....


Atticus Doesn't like me to take photos of him too much! In front of his new school on his first day!

We all enjoy making milk bubbles! Check out how high Atticus got his!


Dad watches the kids.....asleep (now that's talent!)

About Atticus' School experience.....
Atticus finished his first week at Hamblen Elementary school this past week. The school is a little less than a mile away and so we walk to and from with Cozy in the jogger! I love this because I can drop Atticus off and get in some running or walking first thing in the morning! That is one plus!
We have learned quickly that this will be a completely different school experience than what we are use to. First of all, we had to meet with the nurse to "make a plan" with Atticus and his peanut allergy. What plan?? You don't give him peanuts and if he does come in contact with them you give him the meds. Oh no...much more than that! So glad Dad is a doc. and could sign all of those crazy papers! We are now grateful for how "chill" Manson Elem. is with this and many other things. From Manson being a "peanut free" school to all of this herang (is that real word?), it has been one thing after another. I guess we will just go along with a lot of the rules and regulations that come with this "city" school, but on the bad side it has made Atticus feel left out and different(they had a death at the school 7 yrs. ago involving a peanut allergy and got sued, so you think they would have gone "peanut free", but they didn't...just extreme in rules). Other than that he is in a class of 30 kids and has a nice teacher!(in kinder. he had 15 & that was considered BIG!) I am hoping to get in there and help out once my 6 page credentials goes through. So, all in all we are learning the different ropes of a new school and at the same time being grateful for where we live and the great laid back school Atticus has to go back to!
More to come....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hmmm... I guess it is one of those "experiencing the bitter so you can know the sweet" things. I know I definitely appreciate Manson now. Did Atticus do okay with such a big class? Did Cozy miss him? BTW, those are the best milk bubbles I have EVER seen. And you are the coolest mom... my kids will tell you they never have that much fun!