You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, November 29, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNY!

Benny's bday was the day before thanksgiving! We celebrated by going out to Wapato Winemakers Grill for dinner (without ANY kids/baby) and then swimming and hot tubing in the Wapato indoor pool (thanks Shannon!) It's nice to go their for dinner in the off season because you get the place to yourself.
The night before his birthday he needed to deal with his Dahlia tubers. These are Benny's little babies and I say "babies" because they are the most high maintenance flower ever. He dug them out of the ground through the snow and then had to separate them, cut out the eye, and then label and tag them. I put a photo of what they look like in their prime so you can see how gorgeous they are in the Summer! My favorite is the HAWAII which is in the middle vase in the back with white at the ends, pink and then orange in the middle.
The next day we went to Spokane for Thanksgiving which I will post later!
5 Favorite things about BENNY,,,,
~ He puts his heart in his work! Many people come up to me and tell me about their doctor appointment and how much they love him! Mostly they say how they appreciate the time he takes and the fact that he is really listening.
Half the job is being a good listener and being patient!
~ He makes our kiddos smile & laugh! (sometimes this is a bad thing when laughter turns to crying which is 80% of the time!)
~ He never has said a thing about how messy the house is or complain about whats for dinner (even when I put pancakes over spinach)
~ It is a natural thing for him to be a good person! (He is an example of a good Samaritan in everything. I find that he keeps me honest and in check with whats right esp. with raising the kids)
~ He is a "pleas er".
I am the opposite in that I kind of do what "I" want first and
so he is a good example to me of someone who puts others needs before his own!

I LOVE YOU BENNY!!!! HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY BDAY!


3 comments:

Liddle said...

Awwww - that was a good tribute. I love Benny too!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to Dr. Dame! We like visiting him so much that we break bones :)

McCall said...

Benny looks like he peed his pants in the picture when he's wearing his scrubs... He must be getting OLD!! :)