You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, November 1, 2010

Dames Goosebumps Haunted House

The original flyer Atticus made without our knowledge.
I saw it posted in the halls at school when I went for PT conferences. Then I heard that the principal was helping him get the word out. You kind of have to go forward and actually do it at that point, right?

The final flyer Daddy made.

The staircase with spider webs led up to this cocooned skeleton in the bathroom.

Playroom was the cemetery. (with strobe lights & fog)

Atticus. We had all the lights changed to flicker bulbs (those aren't cheap!)

Thanks to Brian Kenck for all the masks and stuff!

I scared myself when I saw this! Our cast was 5 (me the Inn keeper, Benny the sick dr.,Jeff the alien, Logan the grim reaper in the cemetery and Atticus who took the money/can food!)

Benny and his Dr. room with real xrays, body parts, and scary dolls!

Piano man that played freaky piano music!

We offered brain (jello) and blood (punch).

We were very shocked that we counted 90 people! I think this may become a Dame Halloween tradition...right up their with the MAUI every other year thing!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I heard that your haunted house was seriously scary - totally professional looking! I can't even look at those candy i.v. bags they had at Walmart without feeling woozy, so Dr. Dame's blood bath probably would have made me pass out, haha.

Sorensen said...

So fun! We are so sad we missed the big event!

Greg Christensen said...

Haley, you are intense! This is nuts/amazing.

I feel bad for poor Atticus. He was trying to get $3 a person, and you pulled it back to $1 and donated it. You're democrats stealing money from your own small businessman!

Momma D said...

You all made some haunted house--I would have needed a chaperone to hold my hand to go through it...Of course I am a true chicken and NEVER see spooky or horror movies. Even the creepy "What Lies Beneath" spooked me out for weeks! Looking at the pictures, I kept thinking that you were channeling Stephen King ------bwaaahaaahahahaa. BUT 90 people means money and/or lots of food for the food bank--wahooo.