Maybe things seem to irritate me more being pregnant!?
Just thought I would vent on these two....
1) Orchard Dogs!
-Since early winter I have been fighting this battle. Counting our next door neighbor dog their are 5 dogs that are on my hit list. I am a natural dog lover, but things are starting to change. First account of the year was me in my pj's at 7 am fighting two dogs off with a broom as they tore through my garbage. Atticus was in hysterics in his warm room watching from his window below as I yelled not so nice words with a broom in hand and picking up garbage all over the street.
F.Y.I. I wasn't the one who left the trash out not in a can.
-Since the snow melted I get to shovel up dog doo doo! Note to self: put up fence!
-Backing out of the drive way to school the other morning Atticus yelled," Mom, stop you almost hit a dog!" in which Cozy responded, "It's just an Orchard dog!"
-Sometimes If I can't sleep I try to figure out if those are Coyotes in our back yard or wanna be coyotes aka "Orchard Dogs".
-I think the dogs see our yard as a park for them to mate, poop or whatever.
What to do!?
2) Night Nurses... that don't get it!
Since residency I have learned the art of sleeping through 2 in the morning calls from the hospital. Recently we have had some crazy night calls and I say WE because the nurses or one in particular calls to give the blow by blow of patients and I can hear her LOUD & CLEAR. I have been better at sharing with Benny the fact that taking a call in the echo-y bathroom or laundry room is not better than in bed. Plus I have been tossing and turning to find a comfy place for my getting-big-Belly and so I hear all the nurses 2 am stories. Benny agrees with me that unless they are a laboring woman and ready to push or orders for meds that can't wait...well, calling to share what the patients ever move is IS totally NOT necessary!
........Thanks for letting me get that out! I feel so much better!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Perhaps the Orchard Dogs will eat the Night Nurses.
And I have something to add to the list - Stray Cats! They pee on our bushes and chair cushions and vomit on our porch. GROSS! Maybe the Orchard Dogs will eat them, too?
Haley I totally agree with your peeves. If it makes you feel any better we have two dogs that drive us crazy too. One is an orchard dog and the other is caged in his back yard day and night and the two of them bark back and forth all night long.
Post a Comment