Who knows what was up with Cozy. Since a week ago we have been dealing with the trauma of giving up the NuNu (pacifier). Some of you may remember we tried getting rid of it 6+ months ago. Three days into it and I lost my mind. Having a sleep deprived husband, an energetic 6 year old, and being burned out as well made it difficult to give up the easy sleeping toddler. So, we have been telling her that when she turns 3 the Nunu fairy will come and take it(I know it's such rubbish). We are now a week into no NuNu and going without naps and major attitude in the evening. The plus is she sings more, the minus is she cries more. I think she was worn out sunday and finally got some good Z's. I still wish she would take that later afternoon nap! Any suggestions?
Here is a cute conversation we had out in the garden today when she was so tired...
Cozy: I need a NuNu!!
Mom: Why?
Cozy: Cuz I just need it!
Mom: you don't have one anymore, remember?
Cozy: (long pause) I'm going to get Atticus' money and the keys and drive to the market.
Ya know they have them. Lots of them there.
(Moms thoughts are now of a toddler midget driving to the store with her brothers stolen loot purchasing hundreds of NuNu's...all for comfort and joy!!!)
....She finally settled on some dried blueberries! Sometimes it's just about having something in your mouth!
5 comments:
So funny! Now what kind of fairy takes away thumb sucking? Hey are you guys coming to Zoe's baptism on the 11th of July?
Sorry, no suggestions here for getting afternoon naps. Wait, maybe you could tell her that everyone at Hogwarts takes a rest! I guess Cozy told Joe that Scarey Potter helped chase the bathtub ladies away, haha. :)
Cute pictures here.
This is by far my favorite post. Im going to work tomorrow without underwear on, a Nunu and I might just wear waterwings while Im at it.
Thanks for the giggles!
Haley Dame your kids are adorable and im stalking your blog :)
I read this entry to Alexa and Darcy and they thought it was a hoot! I warned them, however, that if they don't have underwear in their drawer to come talk with me. They are NOT to go without (sorry, underwear is NOT optional at our house :)). We also roared over Cozy's dialogue. She is such a smartie!
Post a Comment