You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

COZY #3 !


Cozy turned 3 this past Sunday! We have been celebrating it all month long so when Sunday came around we had a small party with just our family. She loved her Kitty rain boots and coat from "Parkina" (my moms cat that somehow started sending postcards and bday gifts...talented A?)..photo below. She wanted a barbie cake like the one she saw on the Farr Blog, but she was happy with a strawberry shortcake one. I am not ready for the Barbie Craze...will I ever be ready? She is also still SO into shoes and so I took her out with her PA & Grandmommy money to buy yet another pair. She must have more than a dozen shoes by now! We love our CozY! Happy Birthday!
For memorial day we went on a hike up on the Chelan Butte and both Benny and I were thrilled that our kids could hike the trail for an hour with out whining! I was happy we didn't see any snakes! We saw some para gliders take off on the top and saw the excitement in Atticus' eyes....Oh no! We enjoyed the later afternoon picnicking down by the lake. I always feel we are on vacation when we go to the lake and then realize, "Cool, we live here!"
Side note: I am a zero, finally! what next?...my blood draws are now only once a month rather than every week. If I stay at zero for 3 times I am in the clear!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Cozy! How do I get on that cat's mailing list? And woo - hoo, Haley! When are you having that 0 party? I am ready for another dilly bar! Of course, cupcakes are also kind of shaped like 0's....

The Christexans said...

Happy Birthday Cozy! Isn't Parkina the sweetest kitty ever! Our lives sound quite similar-day trips and picnics. Lovely, isn't it? :)

Krystina said...

Happy Birthday to Cozy, and I love the cake! So cute! I am not interested in getting into Barbies yet either. Ick! Perhaps we can just avoid that alltogether.

Glad you guys had a nice weekend!

Momma D said...

COZY you have a beautiful a smile and you just sparkle!!! We love you, Cozy--see you this summer! LOTS OF LOVE and hugs and kisses XOXOXOXOXO, Grandmommy and Pa

Merr said...

Cozy gets her love for shoes from Granny Simms! She is adorable. Yes, when little Emma saw Barbies in a store for the first time and was mesmerized with them, we said "No, Barbies are aliens." (You know how they are NOT anatomically possible figures). Immediately Emma said "I LIKE aliens!!" We've held off Barbie, but the girls get their fill at Grandmommy's house whenever we visit there. We have Polly though.... :)

Mindy Hales said...

ZERO!!! Yay! Here's to hoping that you stay that way for the next couple months!