You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scary Potter


When Atticus was 4 we started reading him the Harry Potter books~ not so interested. Kindergarten came and we tried again~ more into what each chapter was named and a a quick cliff note rendition. He really wanted to see the movies, but we decided he was too young and sensitive to see such an intense movie. This past year we have been getting them on netflix and decided to let both kids watch them. I hadn't seen them and thought, "hey they're rated PG, what could be so bad." We just saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Friday and watched it as a family (I know, we are so behind). Atticus was very concerned with Hermione being petrified and actually cried when she came back to life. Cozy named it, "Scary Potter" and drooled as she watched. We thought we'd be up with both of them that night, but surprisingly it didn't happen. Cozy has become obsessed on the other hand. She wants a play date with "Scary Potter" and wants me to "fly the car to Chelan". I really was intrigued by the Mandrake and think I had something like that growing inside of me. Here is what I read about them... they look like tiny babies growing where the roots would be. These creatures grow and develop over the course of several months until they mature and can be harvested and used for potions. The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to humans, so special care must be taken when growing them. Even as a baby, the Mandrake's howls can knock a person out for a couple of hours.
Okay, maybe not. OH and by the way, my number this week is a 5 !

2 comments:

Mindy Hales said...

A five is great! You're so close to a zero!!! BTW, If I loved closer I would totally come to your "zero party".

Shannon said...

Woohoo on the five! I see Dilly Bars in our future!
As for the mandrakes, my favorite is the description of how you can tell when they are maturing: they try to crawl into each other's pots. Maybe I am warped, but I find that hysterical. :)