You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I'm going to China!~ Mom

Mom came to visit this past weekend, more like came to work. All day Saturday we planted flowers (see photos). Benny worked in the garden and the kids watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and ran ramped in the house. Thanks so much MOM for all your work!
I have just started setting up a blog for my mom. She wants it to be about "the things she forgot to teach her kids." I thought about it today on a run and wonder exactly what those things would be. I mean its not like we turned out so bad that she would feel she forgot to teach us important things that maybe would have made us better people. As a single parent of four she taught us to pursue our goals, appreciate & love art, be true to ourselves, and get the "heck" out of Utah to find other horizons (just to name a few). If you know my other siblings... well, we have done just that! So, look for the CG blog coming soon with great recipes and some inspiring "I forgots", which I am still wondering what they could possibly be. Thanks for coming.....Love you Mom!




3 comments:

Shannon said...

It was great to meet your mom, and to see what she accomplished in so little time! Maybe she is just wishing she had taught you more about gardening... :)

Natalie said...

The garden boxes are looking great! Wow! I'm amazed at how quickly the veggies are growing. I have been looking at my empty flower beds out front and longing to get some beautiful flowers planted. But then I hear the baby crying - - and I am brought back to the reality of caring for four children with a traveling husband. Enjoy the flowers!

Krystina said...

Your mom is so cute, how fun that you got to have her for the weekend. And your garden looks awesome! It's amazing how fast it all starts popping up!