You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let kids be KIDS!

I realized the other day that I was getting bugged at how frequently Atticus gets stuff out of the recycling bids and then drags it all over on the nice dining room table to then "build a project". After he kind of cleans it up, I end up scraping tape off the table and finding permanent markers that I thought I hid well.
I believe if fostering creativity....to a point. Just recently I have put baskets of socks and a variety of shoes on the floor of Cozy's room so she can amuse herself with trying things on over and over again. With Atticus it can become more complicated when he starts asking for baking soda and old batteries.
So for your enjoyment the photo below is of Atticus' latest creation....
The Indiana Jones Pin Ball machine (it works more like air hockey, but I'm not going to tell him that!)
I think he was inspired because he really wanted to go on the Indiana Jones ride at Disney, but he was an inch too short :(
plus his Lunchable box had advertisements to clip out for the upcoming movie.
I need to relax and give myself a quick pedicure and remember
they are only young once!


"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller

3 comments:

McCall said...

He is so cute and creative and smart and hilarious and just the greatest little boy!

Shannon said...

what a creative boy! I have to admit, I was always a bit high-strung about the permanent markers...(as a matter of fact, I still get cranky when my kids write on their skin). You are a great Mom!

Lauren said...

My mom has that quote hanging up in her house.