
I have learned that everyone has their own opinion in how to get a kindergarten with a broken leg back to school. His doctor (not Dad) has said," its just kindergarten and only a few more weeks so take it slow or don't go at all, it's not like he will be behind.". Benny says, "we need to get him like a pro at crutches and just let him be independent...I'm not caring him around for 5 weeks". I decided I come somewhere in the middle. I don't feel comfortable sending him to school on crutches that he feels insecure on and anxious. For those of you who don't know the background of my elementary years...let's just say Atticus is getting all the "drama" out early, or we hope! I won't drag this on because so many of you have heard it....I had a horrible break my 6Th grade year. So bad I really should have not been walking on it, but it was x-ray ed wrong and they diagnosed it only a hair-line fracture. I spent many recesses in doors and cried when it hurt so bad walking down the hall to get lunch. It was a hard year! Anyhow, the leg was re-xrayed and they saw it was a full break and I wasn't to put weight on it. My mom felt horrible and I hope she doesn't read this because I know she cringes when I repeat this story! Anyway, this is why I have been cautious and extremely sympathetic.
So, I sent him to school in a toy wagon this morning and hope he fairs well.

Along with that, we had a great weekend with Aunt Mia who came barring gifts galore and made us all laugh with her Pirate puppet! It was nice to see both Atticus and Mia hanging out and sharing in their injuries! I ran out to do some errands and then realized I had left the "blind with the blind" or in their case the "injured with the injured". Mia has been out for some time from her regular marathon running and teaching yoga because of a dislocated knee. She knows what Atticus and all of us have endured more than anyone and we thank her for taking the time to drive from Seattle to share in our troubles! xoxox

It was a really hot weekend and you've got to give this kid water somehow. Dad was on-call at the hospital all weekend (and I mean ALL weekend) and so I was forced to get creative with the kids! Atticus was jealous when Cozy decided to strip naked and parade around the porch. She was such a good sport that she let Atticus spray her down a couple times!

Sharing a ride!
2 comments:
I like Cozy's strategically placed snack bag in the naked picture.
Haley, these pics are awesome! I am glad you had company this weekend to help distract Atticus. Although, it looks like you are keeping him well-entertained! :)
Post a Comment