You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another Cast.


Atticus looking mad that I would actually blog such an event!


Anyone remember this at 18 mos. ?

Atticus "kaboomed," as Cozy would say, at the end of P.E. Monday. He collided with another kid as they raced to the front of the line. We gave it a day because we couldn't decided if he was "all drama" or just how serious it really was. The break is in the tibia and it was obvious to anyone who looked at the xray. He is kind of bummed because slide waters opens in 2 weeks and well, water in all forms (water park or lake) is very important to him! He is very sore to move so he has become our couch potato. It will be a struggle to keep things motivating and entertaining for him in the next 6 weeks! Any ideas?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh no! Poor Atticus! I am sorry. At least he likes doing creative projects...maybe he can re-create all of the rides at Disneyland using your recycle!
He could help make/frost cookies...how about paper mache'? Or you could let him start his own scrapbook and he could decorate the pages and put extra photos on them.
How did the other kid fare?

The Christexans said...

What a bummer! I hope that he is great with crutches. FYI my kids are Enchanted singers. I heard Henry upstairs this afternoon singing it for a good five minutes. I bought the music but, they keep asking for the movie. Maybe tomorrow.

Lauren said...

Poor guy!