This past monday Benny had the morning off and we took turns running. It was so nice to go out and not have to worry about Cozy being cold in the stroller or how long I could go until she had had it (she is at the age where she would rather walk). I love the area where we live because the views are so pretty that you forget how long you've been running and you don't have to worry about anything but an occasional dog or tractor along side you. Last year at this same time I was training for a half marathon which I did March 17th in Moab with my mom,sisters,cousins,and best friend. This year I am involved with "Girls on The Run" and we are training elementary school girls for a 5k in May. It has been fun to participate in teaching young girls about respecting & taking care of themselves along with other lessons. www.girlsontherun.org
I am always surprised when someone tells me that they "hate to run" because its MY outlet, as well as I think it's in my blood....I wish I could do it more! I enjoy the time away from any noise at my house and the fact that my only job is to keep moving forward. Isn't that a great lesson in life, "Keep moving Forward!" I listen to songs on my shuffle most of which have memories for me like who I was running with, which route, where I was, how I felt, etc. Anyhow, Benny has downloaded some interesting songs on the shuffle so half the time I am trying to find something with a beat. I always think its funny the kind of music he likes to run to. The brazilian stuff makes me feel like I have orchard men chasing me! It has been a rough couple of weeks with long nights with him at work or on-call at the hospital(he has been "ON" a lot)and so it is always nice to get out and take it out on the road.
Happy Spring Training!
6 years ago
2 comments:
I LOVE READING THIS!! I went for a 2 hour jog this morning because it just felt good to run. We do have pretty places here in the NW to run. You dont realize how far or how long youve been out when you get too look at the Olympics and Pudget Sound, or you get distracted trying to figure out if that movement in the water is a whale a seal or a log :)
My favorite thing you wrote was that your only job while running is to Keep Moving Foward! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT! LOVE!
xo Mia
Haley, I can't wait to start running (yikes - scarey word for me!) with you...I hope your enthusiasm rubs off. We do live in a beautiful area...whenever I exercise, I am always just amazed at this crazy body Heavenly Father has blessed me with, and all the things it can do!
I too love your thought - "keep moving forward"!
Post a Comment