You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tin soup cans & Aluminum foil balls?

March 10th was our 10th anniversary! I felt like it was more like MY birthday! We spent the afternoon having massages at the Spa at Campbells Resort (I later learned that they aren't open on Monday and Benny made a special effort to get someone to come in!) We had a great laugh watching our wedding video and then had dinner at a local favorite Wapato Grill! At dinner I felt like he was perposing when he brought out a black box and so did all three people in the restaurant. Holy Diamond earings!! I didn't see this coming at all. This reminded me of our engagement when the black box had a shiny dime in it because I was expecting "that ring".
This is traditionally the year of giving "tin and aluminum". Who thought these up? Anyhow, we have a ton of this already in our pantry in the recycle bin....no need to get more!
I am so lucky to have such a sensitive husband who not only doesn't forget the anniversaries but makes them so memorable!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Diamond earrings? Score!

Natalie said...

So glad your day was so special. You go John! What a good husband. H - let's both wear our diamond earrings to the wedding! Deal? Love the music on your blog.