You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tye dye cake and neighbor kids

I haven't been able to get into my editor to post anything so I guess I will be a bit behind for a while. Lately the neighbor kids have been hanging out a lot together! It reminds me when I was a kid and we would play kick the can until really late. I don't think the parents knew where their kids were half the evening and nor did they care back in those days. Different days then, A? I am all over the kids being together since that is a big reason I wanted to live in a neighborhood! So,these kids started out playing Hunger Games. They collect snacks and throw them into a cooler and use Nerf weapons to attack each other. Most of them don't even know anything about the Hunger Games. I think one of the older girls started it. She said her cousin saw the movie and told her about it! I thought it was "HUNGRY" Games at first since I have lost most of my snacks from the pantry. Now it is the Boys and Girls club which is more G rated and hopefully only my Popsicles will be gone. ALSO, Cozy had her 6th Birthday SPA-arty last week. Ten plus little girls with cucumbers on their eyes and pumpkin sugar scrub on their faces! It was a HIT! (photos to come soon) Here is the tye dye cake I made for her just "family" party. Benny reminded me after eating some that I am not a cook, but a fabulous baker! I think that's a compliment or an insult to my cooking!? But I agree because I am never one to cook up anything fabulous...just average! Anyhow, now that I am up and running again in the blogging world I can start showing you what we've been up too..... (next posts: face lift for the house, Cozy's party, and other projects)
oh, and might I add that my husband is the bomb because I am no longer paralyzed from the blog world! Thank you BENNY! xox






1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a cool cake! And I find "The Hungry Games" (coolers full of snacks) much more appealing than "The Hunger Games" (teenagers killing each other.) Your house is so fun!