You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Projects and POSH photos

A couple of projects I am working on:
1) Major face lift for the front of the house (photos to come later since it is still in progress)
2) Back yard improvements... I decided after realizing that Benny will be spending the spring working on his sail boat instead of the yard with me, I hired a dude to help me. We woke up Sunday morning to work that had been done as we were sleeping. A row of 22 arborvitae including dirt, rock, and sprinkler down. Impressive! That would have taken me a month to do! A dozen cookies for him and a check!
 AND
3) I did the Coco Chanel quotes on the stairs for my neighbors new store, POSH, in downtown Chelan. If you haven't been in her store, you should, even if you just go to look at the cool stairs! PHOTOS BELOW
4)I sent in a YOUGURTLAND application even though I know it is far fetched! I had to fill out a business plan and financial stuff. Atticus realized what I was doing when I sent it certified mail and said,"You're going to spend all of Daddy's money on yogurt!?" YES!
Given the demographics it most likely won't come of anything, but I'm a dreamer! I did write a lovely essay on the beautiful area we live in. Though Safeway, Walmart, Subway, and Starbucks are the only franchises in the area (I didn't mention that!) its okay to ask, right? Here's to DREAMS!!


6 comments:

Sorensen said...

You are so talented!

Liddle said...

You are very good at all the art stuff. I am missing that gene. I will come to your yogurtland if you get one!

Shannon said...

I went in the shop a week ago, LOVED the stairs, but had no idea you were the master mind! Super cool! And is the yogurt frozen? BRILLIANT. Kurt and I comment at least once a week (much more in the summer) that we need a local yogurt shop or a jamba juice. I will be crossing my fingers!

Mitch said...

Oh, brilliant you!

Momma D said...

Fun store, made even cooler by your talents! So cute!

DeAndra said...

Aaron and I have been saying someone needs to open a frozen yogurt shop like that. We even talked about doing it if only we hadn't taken out a massive business loan for the office already. Would it be a place like Blue Spoon in Wenatchee? That would be AWESOME!!