You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 1, 2011

APRIL FOOLS

The kids were thrilled to take JUNK food in their lunches along with the same old sandwich and drink! Until they realized the cheetos = baby carrots, fruit snack = grapes, and the raisins = m&m's. Don't you love double stick tape!?
It all played out how I figured, Atticus was more mad since he didn't waste time looking in the raisins to find something sweet and because he wasn't the one tricking. Cozy was pleased with the fruit and veggies and didn't really get the joke until I explained the April Fool day to her!

Later she got it when her dinner was grilled cheese and peas, but really pound cake and frosting & green taffy!
Then she said, "So, what are you doing for breakfast tomorrow!"
and I said, "Honey, this is a one day ordeal!"

This is just funny! Scarlett will stay in the same spot when you put this lightweight laundry basket on her! Its a good time out for when she doesn't want to go to bed!


Cozy wore my ponytail wig and told her preschool she woke up and her hair had grown!

For the kids teachers and Benny's work friends I sent them with DONUT SEEDS (family fun.com). You print out the envelope and put cheerios in it. Super easy is my thing!
It took the kids a while to process that joke when I showed them in the morning!

I'M DONE WITH THIS DAY FOR a COUPLE YEARS AT LEAST!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

It looks like you had fun april-fooling everyone today! Joe still talks about the year we had meatloaf (brownie) with mashed potatoes and gravy (vanilla ice cream with caramel topping) for dinner. I haven't had the energy to create any clever new menus since... maybe I will recycle yours next year!

McCall said...

You went all out!! I'm jealous of all the fun you guys had

becky said...

Your one cool mom!!!! I pretty much did nothing and hoped I didn't have any April fool's on me...which I didn't. I love the doughnut seeds though...I'll have to remember that one.

restlessrisa said...

I love this! I had high hopes, but totally dropped the ball this year :( So fun! I wish we could have done it together!