You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

We had a very "low key" Christmas this year! We feel like just being with our family may just not be all its cracked up to be. We always say it's too much to travel during the holidays to visit with grandparents and cousins, but I think this year may have changed our minds. All in all, it was a relaxing day which is something we SO needed!
Some of the memorable moments were these....
1) Cozy lost her favorite "Ling Ling" doll when we lived in Spokane. Okay that was when she was 2 and she is still talking about it! She asked Santa to find her and of course Mimi helped him. This doll looks exactly like Ling Ling but taller. Cozy was almost in tears!
2) When Benny was younger his parents had some things set aside for their Christmas and asked if they would give them up to donate to another family. Every Christmas I hear the story of the GI Joe Tank and how he gave it up for a boy his age. This year Santa heard his wishes (along with some ebay bid wars by Mom Dame! Thanks for making that special!!)
3) Atticus asked Santa for DRUMS and an electric guitar. Of course he had to clear it with us and so he got a Paper Jamz and a digital drum set! Later we found out that he was asking for a guitar for a friend. Ummmm, you cant do that!!! He is working on creating a band called BONE and is graciously trying to get instruments for all his members!
4) Scarlett was just happy jumping in her borrowed Johnny jump up!
5) We also got a painting from Mom which we just LOVE! (I am sure it is on loan!)
It was opened Christmas Eve when the kids were asleep by Benny! He just couldn't wait! Now what to do with the huge crate it came in??
6) I don't have a photo, but I must say the RING Benny got me is just beautiful!! It is his birthstone (a citrine gem which is yellow). I need to get it re-sized since my fingers are not as fat anymore!
We hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!!
Practicing with the tree up for next year!

Sugar Cookie making the night before! We didn't get out this year to carol, but had a fabulous Jazz Band come caroling to our house!
(Really it was a 2 person instrument band with their parents and siblings!
Fab. just the same!)

Comfy PJs from the Rowlands!

GI JOE Tank ('80 old school)

Paper Jamz!

Russian Painting!

LING LING is back!!

Note from LING LING aka MOM or MIMI.

Scarlett in a 9 mos. outfit (she's 6 mos) that Auntie MEL got her!
The darling headband was made by Aunt Suzy!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy 2011! I am so glad that Ling Ling and the tank found their way home again. (Do you think that could be the SAME tank?!)

restlessrisa said...

I love this post! Wayne had that same tank as a kid,and I saw it in Conrad's closet tonight as I helped him clean his room. I want to see a picture of the ring, and I want to squeeze that CUTE chubby baby! Miss you ! xo

<3

Risa

Sorensen said...

How fun! We missed sledding with you guys. (well not the sledding part since it was FREEZING, but the you guys part)