You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

BATH TIME

Baby Scarlett's first bath.
She has so many looks! She really hated it at first but then loved it!
She also hates the grocery store (I do too! If you've been to my house you can tell by the empty fridge!!)



My hollyhocks are crazy gorgeous this year! I love that the seeds are from my mom who got them from her mother who got them from her ancestors in England!

We grew butterflies from larvae and just as I hatched they did too. We let them go, but Atticus had a hard time letting all of them go.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Atticus and Megan would still get along splendidly. She found a salamander today and played with him for a half hour before I convinced her to let the poor thing go.

McCall said...

What a fun summer project (the butterflies, of course!)

LeeAnn said...

I recognize those amazing holly hocks. I love the family connection since I always think of your mom's green thumb and love of gardening whenever I see holly hocks and the tradition lives on. Baby Scarlet is sooo beautiful but the arms doing the bathing look a little to hairy to be yours, unless your hormones are really out of whack!

Shannon said...

Your hollyhocks are beautiful, as is your baby! :)

amelia said...

the first picture of Scarlett looks just like Benny in the family portrait by the old truck :) she's such a pretty little girl! and i love my tender little Atticus. xox

Sorensen said...

Scarlette is so sweet! I can't wait to see her again! You are a fabulous gardener! I need some tips.