You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, April 12, 2010

Room Makeover








I give no credit to myself other than the steal I got on the bed frame and the duvet cover that I kept waiting on for a sale. It all started with the white ceiling and the fan, a little march madness, and Benny and his mad skills.
The final touch will be a tropical smelling candle and a sailboat sculpture?!
The pony sheets Cozy has was probably a close second to the birds, but they only came in a queen. I think Benny would have gone nuts with that! He is slowly enjoying our tropical bird duvet (the pineapple lamp is ALL him but I love it too).
We just love our new room and feel a tad bit like we are on vacation!

4 comments:

Momma D said...

So beautious...truly loverly...thanks for sharing the pictures!

Shannon said...

So awesome! It looks like you are living at Pottery Barn. :) And I also really like that pony pillowcase... lucky Cozy!

Liddle said...

I LOVE the bed frame - where'd you get it? And the duvet too! Tell me your shopping secrets....

John aka "Benny" said...

The furniture I carved out of mahogany myself using only my pocket knife and stained it with shoe polish!!!
And yes, Shannon, it is like living in Pottery Barn except we don't wake up with staring shoppers!