You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PROS/CONS

I have recently discovered the Pros and Cons to not finding out the sex of your baby.
I know, a little slow on figuring this out. Oh well, too late.
Cons:
~you get YELLOW baby outfits (I really didn't think anyone would give me anything. I am pretty set as it is with clothes from the other kids. My babies are bald and pale, so its not a great color! Nice though that people are so thoughtful!
~ the realization of a little one coming soon is hard for others esp. ATTICUS & COZY.... They don't have a name to call it or a room to associate with it!
~ The guest room sits as a "guest room" and your nesting skills have to go to places like the pantry.
~ picking out a name for both a girl and a boy (any more BOY suggestions??)
Pros:
~the "guest room" isn't changed into the baby room and there is no pressure to lift a finger in preparation. I guess I will just read my book!
~ save the money on other things instead of shopping for baby clothes.
~ the look on peoples faces when you tell them you're not finding out (I am learning that it is a rare thing these days)
~ the SURPRISE at the end I am sure!!!!!

3 comments:

amelia said...

RICHARD! I vote RICHARD!

Shannon said...

Shannon and I didn't find out the gender of any of our kids. We thought it was fun to be surprised. Good luck with the last few weeks.

Kurt

Kurt Toolson said...

Definitely the surprise - I could never understand why anyone would forgo the excitement of having that fun surprise after all that work! (Of course, I am obsessive about surprises...)

And note to self: do not buy yellow for Haley :)

Shannon
(Since Kurt commented as me!)