You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who's in the bathtub??

Imaginary friends are a part of childhood, though Atticus never really had any. I knew the day would come when Cozy would introduce us to her pretend friends. I remember Zoe our next door neighbor had a "friend" who took all the blame for her misdeeds (quite clever if you ask me) and then cousin Elsa and her "sisters". I thought they were all so cute & creative!
The past few days Cozy has not been getting her afternoon nap. Can you hallucinate from not enough sleep? So, in the car ride home she kept telling me about the "Two scary ladies in the bathtub". I didn't think anything of it, but she talked to Atticus about it, he questioned her, and then he laughed hysterically when Cozy would answer. She didn't think it was funny at all. This is serious stuff.
Here is some of the dialogue in the car today....
Cozy~"You know the two scary ladies in the bathtub??"
Atticus~ "no" (laughing)
Cozy~ "They freak me out!"
Atticus~ "What are they doing in there?" (laughing)
Cozy~ "reading books"
Apparently they come up from the drain and read books in the bathtub. I haven't seen them yet!
Maybe she is getting them mixed up with Mimi & Mia (mom & sister) who were just here for thanksgiving and DO read books in the bath and both took baths while they were here?! Hmmm....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Cozy is so creative! You should have her describe them in detail. You could write (and illustrate, of course) a hysterical children's book about that!

amelia said...

But Mimi & I are not scary ladies. Truthfully I think she's telling you about a past life. You shouldnt brush it off. Get her on the phone and I'll talk to her.
xo-amelia and her past life personas!