You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Check list of things to do while in Utah...

So, for some of you who don't know, I am in Utah for a week at my moms with the kids. She flew into Spokane a week ago today and then the next morning we drove the 10+ hours. I was a little crazy trying to keep on schedule and drove past many exits that we should have taken. Next time we WILL go to that cute town in ID (I think it was Wallace) and we WILL stop at the "nations best opal town". The kids did better than I thought...making tents in the backseat, looking at all the books I got from the library, and that one DVD that oops only made it through half the show, etc etc etc.& blah blah blah. I did resist to eat the gross McDonald's and will continue to do so for rest of the trip! Anyhow, we are here and enjoying the family and friends we get to play with, but as I always say, "Great to visit, never to live!" For me anyhow!!

Here is our check list of things done so far (photos will come later)....
~wake up after 9!!!! (that's 10 Utah time)
~drive around in uncle Andy's HUGE truck and blast country or rap.
~talk to chickens, feed horses, watch hermit crabs crawl.
~ chase Mimi's kitty until it scratches and leaves a mark (Cozy mainly)
~ find places to swim since Mimi's pool has turned into a salamander swamp.
~ Shop for nothing that I need!
~ get a demonstration of how to use my mom's Dyson vacuum by my cousin Heidi.
(part II comes tomorrow)
~play with all of Liz's old littlest PET Shop toys and leave them scattered on the living room floor.
~ eat only the marshmallows in Lucky Charms
~ watch more Olympics than I did at home!
~ drive in crazy traffic and be thankful that someday I can go home to Chelan to NO traffic lights and ZERO traffic!!
~try not to be brainwashed by my friends that Mini-Vans are cool!
~ eat Popsicles for dinner!

more to come....
Happy Summer to you all because it's almost over!!
H

4 comments:

Sorensen said...

Sounds like Utah is going to be lots of fun. How was Spokane? Zoe loves your blog because she is still pining over Atticus. She was so distressed over his broken leg. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer.

P.S. The new neighbor is great!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a great trip! I totally empathize with your feelings about traffic - I was beside myself in Seattle this weekend.
And for the record...mini vans are as cool as their passengers! haha. So your mini van would be VERY cool! :)

Greg Christensen said...

Funny that you avoid McDonald's on the road. When we're on a roadtrip, we make it a point to eat only at McDonald's. It's a binge and purge thing. (We only do this in the States, by the way. Even if we wanted to, McEurope is too expense.)

restlessrisa said...

It was so fun to spend time with you. I miss you. The red streaks look great.