You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I gave him water.....


This is a photo of my companion from my mission Tamara Copeland and The late Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. It was 1996 and I was in the visitors center at the Washigton D.C. temple. This was an exciting time to be there with the Christmas Festival of Lights. The prophet was always the first to be invited ahead of time as the key speaker, but this year because of trouble with visas and problems with missionaries preaching in foreign countries the prophet asked if he could come to help bridge some gaps. We were all thrilled to have him there and you could just feel the power and spirit of the type of people in the room. Many dignataries and there families came. I was asked to hand the prophet water after he had given his speech and couldn't help to snap a photo of my companion next to his side. I'm not a shy individual. I felt such a sweet spirit that day not only being able to serve the prophet in such a little way, but being a part of such a great event. I will remember it for the rest of my life.

No comments: