You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, September 19, 2011

Small Town Fun







We were asked by my neighbor to find kids to ride in a cow train for the celebration parade (Manson turned 100 years). She needed someone to also drive the tractor. I warned her that my hubby was not so good with large motor skills! (He has been known to brake farm equipment!) I bought $45 in candy and we were set. Benny ended up having way too much fun and so did the kids!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Remember: you never would have done this in Seattle! :)

Laura Copeland said...

What fun! I love small town parades. I am from Rexburg, you know. We always loved the parades because we knew everyone and it was such a celebration. Your kids are having the time of their lives, aren't they?!

amelia said...

This brings back memories of the Train Man mom got for my 6th Birthday Party. AWESOME!

Momma D said...

What great fun! Small towns are wonderful that way...can't wait to be there and see all of you. All my love <3

Merr said...

I am thinking of John's statement from way back that he would NEVER live in a small town (after enduring Clermont's ho-hum lifestyle, LOL!). But it appears to me that the whole family is having a thrilling time celebrating in your marvelous small town!! YAY! :)

LeeAnn said...

This reminds me of the Park City Miner's day parade! Extremely wonderful!