Opposites attract, right?
I am the girl who grew up in a house that was often nicknamed "The Napping House". Ya know that children's book? On a given day you could find someone asleep in the living room, curled up with a book in the next room, and many animals sleeping as well. Just ask my cousin Bryn who would randomly drop in to observe this and then drift into her own peaceful slumber.
So, when I married Benny it was quite normal to stay up until 2 in the morning to "get things done", and do "all nighters" to get school projects finished (yes, we have been together since college under-grad!).
Sad to say, this left sleeping not top priority and we have had many conversations of me explaining that sometimes its okay to "pull over for a rest" so you can truly enjoy the ride.
Totally different worlds! I have learned in our marriage to adapt through residency, fellowship and now. My kids have learned to follow my lead and sleep in (hallelujah!). I have never had kids that get up before 7, just because. Sleep has always been #1... even if I could hear my stomach growl.
So, after the reunion Benny decided that his family's unsaid motto was "You can sleep when your dead!" Hmmmm.....I don't think I'm going to get that t-shirt!
I caught this photo of him a week after the FUN at "The Napping House". It eventually catches up with him and he passes out! I try to get evidence of it when I can!
I'm guessing its a good mix for our children to see both sides?
But for now, Lets hear it for SLEEPING when your alive!!
(Doesnt he look lovely when he's asleep?!)
2 comments:
Given a choice, I'd be in bed by nine every night. I LOVE sleep!
I don't know how people can do without it!
Post a Comment