You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

look who we found at the S.A.M.

The first free Thursdays each month are free at the S.A.M.(Seattle Art Museum). I never did check that off my "to do" list while we lived there until now.
My mom was always good at making sure we had some art appreciation in us even at a young age. I think I was in 4th grade when she drug me all over the MET in New York.
Now I am doing it to my kids.
But look who we got to SEE along with some cool art... AUNT MIA!!!!
(This was Scarlett & Mia's first time meeting.)
photos below:
Mia1, Mia2,Armor made out of dog tags, lady sculpture getting dressed, scary BIG black rat on top of man.




4 comments:

Sorensen said...

LOVE Atticus' face in the last one. Were you guys in Seattle last weekend?

Shannon said...

haha I too am loving the expression on Atticus' face. Was that staged or real?

amelia said...

Baby Scarlett was the BEST thing on display at the SAM. Thank goodness it was free too because I wouldnt have gotten my $ worth, all eyes were on the Dame Children! I LOVED seeing you there!

Merr said...

Haley, your sister is so pretty. Love that first precious picture. What a great meeting! Glad you left the rat in Seattle. ;)