You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I Hate Snakes!" ~Indiana Jones...and ME!

This was the first stop on our way to the Olympic Peninsula (photos of that to come later).....The Reptile Man! We have seen this guy and his scary snakes at Atticus' school, but I wasn't a fan. We decided to stop anyway, otherwise I would never hear the end of it. This is in Monroe on the beautiful scenic highway on your way through Leavenworth, Stevens pass, FYI.
PHOTOS:Check out the fake smile I am giving, Atticus not so sure of the Ginormous Anaconda in the water, Cozy was pretty entertained until it was feeding time, Boa supper time (I skipped dinner because of this...mainly I couldn't get the bulging eyes of the bunnies out of my head), and dad pointing out the most deadliest snake.
Notice the funky Lizard...We played "IF I were a reptile I'd be...." This was me. Just hanging out on a twig with googly eyes, chill'in and soaking up the sun (maybe with a Diet Coke!)
What reptile would you be??




3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love how you're the only one "really" smiling - haha. I don't think I could have stayed to watch feeding time. (Cozy is going to be praying that the Easter Bunny doesn't run into a basilisk!) If I HAD to be a reptile, I would be a chameleon living in a flower garden. :)

p.s. do you want to do a cocoa date on the first day of school?

Greg Christensen said...

Awesome! Love the pics.

If I were a reptile, I'd be a Sleestak from Land of the Lost.

http://entertheoctopus.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sleestaks.jpg

McCall said...

Those things are disgusting!