This past weekend was pretty bad! I cried off and on all weekend and I think Easter Sunday will always be a blur in my mind. Monday morning Dr. Parks called me to tell me they got an earlier surgery time for that afternoon and to start fasting! I quickly got the kids babysitters lined up, took a shower, and headed down to Wenatchee with Benny around noon. I felt like I had won a prize! I was so eager to get this taken care of! We waited a long time in one waiting room and then another. Everyone had me down as "Harley Dame" and so it was kind of funny to hear that over and over again! (My parents did have me in the 70's, but I don't think they owned any motorcycles?!) At about 4pm I was gowned and ready for an IV. Because I had been fasting, cold, nervous, and small veined, the nurses had difficulty placing my IV and getting blood. I always reassure them that I worked as a phlebotomist once and didn't have a problem with needles. I felt worse for the one girl trying so hard that she had to call in back up help. So, lets just say both my arms are very scary looking! Poor Benny had to sit and wait for so long! He kept me entertained with a vocabulary quiz from readers digest, funny stories, and also boring me with our financial plans! The nurse came in later and told us the OB had to go to another hospital for an emergency and we had the option of coming back another day. WHAT?
We told them we would stay and wait even though others ahead of us had taken the option and left. We were so lucky that we stayed because after a short hour or so the OB rushed in and was ready for me. Everything went well with the D&C. The doc had told Benny that as they started, a mass of tissue was already coming out (I know, too much info). I loved the general anesthesia! I guess as I was coming out of it I was vigorously conducting music in the air and was asking all the nurses if they were going to choir practice. The anesthesiologist asked Benny if I was a conductor or music teacher. Nope, just weird on drugs! (I realized later that had to come from watching the Easter Sunday Music & the Spoken Word and being amazed at the conductors energy!) I can't believe how great I felt right after! The first time in weeks that I didn't feel on the verge of throwing up. It was wonderful!! We waited for a chest x-ray that, thank goodness, showed that I was clear off any bad cells and headed back to Manson getting home at 10pm. Oh, and I got a butterscotch dilly bar from DQ that tasted like heaven! My friend Shannon was so kind to wait at home with my kids asleep(or at least one asleep)! I don't think we could have done this without the great support of our friends here...thanks, you know who you are!!
I am doing great today with only cramping, bleeding, and fatigue. I would take these symptoms any day over what I had!! Thanks to my sweet sisters and mom who called to check up on me, sent spring shoes, flowers and to my friends who picked up the slack with dinners and child care!!! Its times like this that you realize who is really there for you!!
Next is to check my blood weekly to make sure the HCG levels drop. I can already feel they are doing that!! XOX H
6 years ago
9 comments:
I am so glad to hear that everything went well and that you already feel better. Here's to a speedy uneventful recovery!
Sooooo glad you are feeling better already! And John was discussing financial plans with you while you were sitting in a waiting room, freezing your patoot off? Now that is just mean!!!! (Unless your financial plans include a trip to Hawaii...)
I laughed out loud imagining you vigorously conducting music! I am sooooooo glad for you that they got it all taken care of. Hope you continue to mend quickly!
I'm glad that this is almost over. I love that you were conducting music. I laughed out loud-almost fell over. You rank highest on the funny people list!
I'm glad you got that taken care of sooner than later - i wish you a quick recovery.
I felt great after my D&C too. I am glad that things are well. I would still love to chat with you so give me a call when you feel up to it.
I am so sorry I missed the conducting! That sounds hilarious. I am glad you are feeling better. What is next?
Wow- what an ordeal. I'm so sorry you had to deal with such garbage!
I am so sorry Haley. I just found my blog password & stuff because I can't remember I have to write them down. I am glad you are surrounded by good friends and apparently good music. Much love LeeAnn
Post a Comment