This past weekend I had friends come visit from Chelan!! One gal who had not been to a mall (Wenatchee doesn't count) in almost eight years, an experienced shopper from Seattle who has been out of practice for sometime, a desperate sixteen year old in heaven and texting most of the time, and myself(not a HUGE shopper, but happy to be free from kids)! So, Saturday the four women and a wee baby, who was an angel, spent the day shopping for 4.5 miles (Shannon had her pedometer on).
Okay, so everything or almost everything reminds me of a children's book, seriously it is the way my brain works (hence the title)! This weekend reminded me so much of the book "The country Mouse and the City Mouse" ~Obligado. If you don't own this book and have kids, it is classic you must get!
Three country girls and a baby looking up at the winding escalators at the mall in amazement and trying to find long forgotten streets that sparkle is hilarious to me!! It is also a wake up call to what I will soon miss in the city as I become another country gal!
This is the cheaters way to blogging events since I didn't take my camera along. Click this... cliff notes
6 years ago
3 comments:
I guess you know what book to get for Elsa for Christmas!
Haley, you look all arty in your black hat and coat. Tres chic. The picture of Atticus made me want to build more cushion forts.
Thanks for hosting us, Haley... we had a ball! And funny book choice - that is one of my all time favorites.
p.s.- I will email those pics to you this weekend. It has been a crazy week!
Post a Comment