You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

AUTUMN LANE


I have been meaning to add this beautiful photo for a while now. I thought I'd do it before the leaves become wet and the snow hits.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons! I have fond memories of growing up in Utah and taking drives through the mountains to see the changing leaves. I don't think I could live in a place where a change in season isn't obvious from the colors of the leaves!
Everyday I pick up Atticus I get to drive through this neighborhood. I'm not sure what the actual street name is because the kids and I have named it to what it really should be...."Autumn Lane". The photo of course doesn't do justice, but click on it to get a better view! You really feel like your driving through a tunnel of yellow leaves.
I honestly am jealous of the people that live there and GET to rake up all of those leaves! I think I must get that from my Grandpa Harold! He also got his "kicks" from hard labor and as well from naming things to be his own. Anyone been to "Muddy Lane" lately?

2 comments:

Rebecca Neville said...

OHH, makes me want to go jump in them. I wish I had an Autum lane:)

Shannon said...

That road is so beautiful... I hope once the leaves are gone, they string white Christmas lights through all of those branches!
p.s. - love your new fall background