This Wednesday we will be moving to Spokane. For some of you that don't know, Benny will be doing a Ob/Gyn fellowship for 6 months. We will be there until Jan 15th. Matt will stick around and finish out work until school and than a family (new HS teacher) will rent out our house and move in mid Aug. So, this may be one of the last posts here until we are settled into our small apartment in Spokane.
This song by the Dixie Chicks is one that Benny says is, "My song"! I think in many aspects it does share a lot of who I am, where I came from, and the "long way around". My mom always told us kids when we were younger "Broaden your Horizons" and now it is very evident that we followed her advice....my brother and family just moved to Geneva, Switzerland! So, in this situation I try to put in perspective that this "long way around" could have been another 4 year plus residency in OB or in some peoples cases a husband going off to war (I am thankful for that)!! It is hard to leave such a beautiful place and at such a beautiful time! We sat out on the front porch the other night watching the pink sunset or as Cozy called it the "pinkalicious" sunset and the orange moon over the cascade mountains. The kids were dancing in the tall grass (its a miracle to me that Atticus has use of both legs), the wind was blowing, and the lake was quiet! I think we will realize how lucky we are to live here even more when we are gone, but looking forward to some Spokane shopping and other adventures there!!
6 years ago
4 comments:
Have fun in Spokane. Maybe we will see you guys this summer.
I hate to think of you guys being away...you have a great attitude. And I have been looking for an excuse to go to Spokane... :)
Wow! Big changes for y'all again. Good luck with everything. ps I just found out that Shelli is having twins... holy cow!
Haley... Yes, I am here in the same zip code :) What do ya do? I remember you telling me in high school when I didn't feel in the mood to do something, that I would miss out on memories. You were always right. I still think about that when I am faced with something new. You will have great memories. How fun for you... :)
Post a Comment