You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Men are from MARS !

Last night after putting Cozy down I could hear Atticus,Benny and Uncle Matt plotting something in the other room. I went in to find that they were trying to figure out how to pull out Atticus' dangling tooth. I figured, like a mom would, that he had been through enough trauma with his leg so I wasn't going to stay & watch and support it. This is all about being a boy.....finding "tough" things to entertain yourself and your friends with so you can then feel more tough. It's so different from girls where we gets our thrills in groups by getting pedicures,reading trashy people magazines,exchanging top secret recipes or just hanging out together (you know who you are). Our activities would never be trying to inflict pain on ourselves or others we love. I guess men are really..." from mars and women from venus." (good book!)
So, it finally came out when they decided to attach a heavy playmobil dragon toy to the end of the dental floss. Atticus was distracted and let go of the toy and the weight pulled the tooth right out. By the way, Atticus was not being influenced by the older boys too much, but was enjoying the attention and had ideas of his own.
I told Matt and Benny they were on night patrol if Atticus were to get up crying in the night. He got up twice to Matt who found him the second time looking under his pillow for the golden dollar coin the tooth fairy left. With a new smile on Atticus' face he was excited to go to school this morning (these days he is rarely excited for school).
Oh, F.Y.I. the cast may be off this next week if the x-ray looks good! He will then wear a boot until July 1! Hallelujah!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Not many can say they lost their tooth to a dragon...way to go, Atticus! :)