You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fire & Ice Festival

This is one of my favorite events in Chelan! It was really cold, but between going in the businesses and stopping by the fire pits to get warm, we had an great time! This year I think they had the best sculptures! They hired some professional face painters too instead of just getting the High School girls and I think that was a hit! We also got to hear Atticus' drum teacher rock it out in their family band. You cant tell from the photos, but it was pretty packed with people.
We didn't do the BIG Christmas tree bond fire, polar bear splash or see the fireworks because we were all tucker out and cold.
Photos: The Ice Slide, Atticus wanted to pose in every photo, flying Mermaid was cool, My fav. was the bear, Scarlett at home with her favorite Cottage Cheese!








4 comments:

Shannon said...

We didn't make it out this year, but the sculptures look spectacular! I am guessing they might be around for awhile...

Sorensen said...

Wow! Those look awesome! Too bad we missed it this year. Love the "cheesy" grin at the end!

Liddle said...

That looks too cold! I am glad I came in the summer!

amelia said...

of course the great dane is my favorite. you guys all look healthy and happy!